Safout is an urban area with a poor economic environment situated to the north west of Amman, Jordan. The Latin Patriarchate School of St Theresa of the Child Jesus was first established in 1935 and at that time it was a very simple construction providing a two-roomed dwelling for the priest at the side of a very small church. One of these rooms was used for the school. Three more classrooms were built later, in 1978.
In 1979, a new church was built alongside the house, which allowed the original church to become part of the school. This school is the smallest LPJ school, not only in Jordan, but also in all of the Holy Land.
In 2021 the Lieutenancy of Ireland donated €63,400 towards essential refurbishment work to the Latin Patriarchate School in Safout. The refurbishment works included improvements to administration office block and toilet facilities.
In September 2022, pilgrims from the Lieutenancy were able to visit and meet with the Parish Priest, Monsignor Aldo Tolotto; School Principal, Teachers and Students.